Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I had to choose!!!!

Many years ago, too many in fact, my father asked me a question. "What fishing rod do you want"? Not an easy decision for a young city kid at the age of nine. I said "that one", not knowing a thing about it. Although I do not remember the brand, I do know that it was a fly rod made of metal. I had my first chance to use the rig on Big Flat Brook in Northern New Jersey. I caught nothing, yet I was hooked.

I am hoping that I can be of help to shorten the learning curve as much as possible for beginner or advanced anglers with the desire and passion to grow and make your fly fishing experience have a higher value. To me, there is no greater joy than to stand knee deep in moving water and be alive in the moment. If I am with a good friend the moments are that much more important. If I am successful in making the catch, it is because of the time needed to learn or someone gave me the knowledge. It's time to give something back.





No comments: